> Subject:       suggestions for new version

> We are planning a new version of Lua.
> Any suggestions for improvements/corrections/etc.?
> --lhf

I am trying to build a persistent database and use numeric keys.  The
standard persistent examples dump out as

mytable = {
1 = "something",
2 = "another one",
}

which won't read in again.  So I have to do

mytable = {}
mytable[1] = "something"
mytable[2] = "another one"

which breaks the sequence of actions.

Please supply a mechanism to easily make numeric keys persistent
(even when mixed with non-numeric keys).

John Fletcher
Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: J.P.Fletcher@ASTON.AC.UK
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.
CEAC Web site http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/