I'm working on the debbuger for my GUI based Lua dev tools, and
I'm using the hooks(lua_callhook and lua_linehook) to implement
breakpoints, and code stepping.

The debugging APIs that are available in Lua are really nice.
But what seems to be missing is a way for me to tell Lua to suspend and
later to continue or stop execution. This is an issue, since I really
need to be able to let the owner appliction (which my debbuger is in)
return to it's appliction loop so I can use the GUI to do things like
inspect the stack, variable values, etc.

Is there an API for this that I missed?

Steve