Date sent:      	Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:48:52 -0300 (EST)
Send reply to:  	lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br
From:           	Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
To:             	Multiple recipients of list <lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
Subject:        	Re: Lua on DOS with 8086

> >From lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br  Mon Jun 19 10:24:38 2000
> >From: Martin_Doering@mn.man.de
> >
> >I own a little HP200LX Organizer with DOS on it.
>
> I feel that 16-bit environments are a nice niche for Lua, especially
> because Lua is small (and can be made smaller, see LTN1), and the
> competition (perl, python) is bloated. :-)
> I'd like to see Lua running on a Palm Pilot.
>
> >Would it be possible to compile Lua for such a NOT 32 bit machine?
>
> It should be possible, if you have an ANSI C compiler for it. Do you?
> If your compiler is 100% ANSI, then no changes should be required in the code.
>
> Actually, we're looking for an ANSI C compiler that has 16-bit ints so that
> we can test Lua 4.0.
>
> I tried Turbo C 2.0, but it's not really ANSI.
> I also tried Watcom C for DOS, but its preprocessor is not ANSI, and breaks
> the tests we do in llimits.h.
> Does anyone have a suggestion?
> --lhf

Digital Mars (formerly Symantec and Zortech) see

http://www.egroups.com/community/Symantec-C

A copy of the current version is available at

http://www.smartsoft.cc/

if you already have the Symantec runtime setup (Version 7.5)

John

John Fletcher

Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: J.P.Fletcher@aston.ac.uk
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.      CEAC Web site http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/