Yesterday I tried to write a C function ImportSystem() which uses
lua_register() to make some functions available for my scripts. I
planned to export ImportSystem() itself, so each script that needs to
use the System-library could call it. Because LuaC also compiles scripts
without knowing which functions exist and which not, I thought maybe Lua
checks for a symbol just before it is called. Well, it doesn't.

I'm just asking if anyone could imagine a good solution for the problem
(besides letting each function check if it was registered, of couse),
Else I'll have to always register all functions before calling
lua_do...(). I hope this doesn't decrease performance ?

-Markus-