Thiago Conde Figueiro writes in reply to Matthias Gall:

>> So, I tried this with a C function, which is registered
>> properly. It pushes some random values and returns the
>> number of values (lua_pushnumber(MyState, iRandomNumber);
>> return iNumOfNumbers;). Using getn on the result of this
>> function leads to a LUA_ERRRUN. Any suggestions?

>	Yes.  What getn() really does it look up the table for
>a field named "n".
>
>>   return {6, "hello", {}, 32}
>
>	No field name 'n' on that table, so getn() fails.

No - getn returns the value of the field named "n" if it exists.  If there
is no field called "n", it returns the largest numerical index with a
non-nil value in the table.

Matthias should be pushing a single value (a table), instead of multiple
individual values and a count.  Or he could push the multiple values and
count and use Edgar Toernig's pack() function (very nifty, btw!).
-Virus scanned and cleared ok