> > but at the moment, you don't
> > need to build
> > Lua to build Lua.
>
> But if you want to have multiple lua executables containing different
> libraries you're going to have this anyway arent you?

I was just thinking of the typical scenario: download the source dist plus
libraries you want, add the libraries to some config file, build. (i.e. a
single executable). Doesn't really matter if it builds a vanilla one first
in order to achieve this though.

> I dont think its that complex and it could be a complete solution for
> integrating libraries, checking versions are compatible, print warnings and
> all compilers and platforms could be included.

But this introduces platform dependencies, which the standard distribution
tries to avoid!

> Well anyway, its seems just as easy to update the above system as it does to
> update an FAQ telling people how to build stuff and use different compilers?

This is *not* a job for the standard distribution, though it could easily
become a job for an enhanced dist., with enhanced libs &c.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | impatience, n.  the urge to do nothing