On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 08:46:38PM +1100, David Burgess wrote:
> How would this work, where the two ends of the rpc
> operate with different character sets e.g. EBCDIC and ASICII?

I would not work. My goal was not to come up with something that
replaces all previous RPC work, but something simple that would be
useful in an experimental setup.

The more I think about it, the more I believe Scheme is better suited.
The Lua parser allows only a combined parsing and execution which is
insecure in an RPC context. In Scheme, read() and eval() allow to
transfer code as a data that can be checked before execution.

-- Christian