The plain option for strfind() is very important. But I don't understand
why there is no plain option for gsub available.

What a mess if the user of the "application" should define simple
replacements without knowing magic characters.

What a problem when the function internal uses gsub() and the
programmer/caller of this function shouldn't know this but defines some
simple replacement characters as arguments.

Please let me know why gsub() doesn't accept a plain option?

Markus