I have found the quality of Lua documentation to be adequate, even
surprisingly good. For example, the "Roberto's book" pdf file (dated "Dec
27th 2000") is superbly written and for me, almost ready for print!

However, for the documentation part Lua seems to be a moving train. What I'd
like to have is a nice, _real_ book on Lua 4.0 but it's unlikely that the
authors will come up with that. They're already in 5.0.

While this is good for the "cutting edge" people, it certainly is not good
for newcomers to pick things up. "Tag methods... what are they?" Not in the
latest version...? Very confusing, and therefore not good P.R. for the
language.

My goal is to gently push / recommend for Lua within our organization.
Having a solid, preprinted book on the subject would help on that. Roberto
said he's working on it. Still.

- asko

--
Asko Kauppi