> I'm a newbie to lua. And there are some questions:
> 1. What is the pronunciation of 'lua'?   I want to use
> lua as the script of our game project and need to tell my teamate
> what is lua.

As a French, I pronounce lu-ah. With lu like in lucid (I checked with
Merriam-Webster, if you find I write horrible English, you don't have heard me :-)

> 2. I cannot surf  http://lua-users.org  Are there any mirror sites?

Mmm, works for me. Try http://www.lua-users.org which redirect to the above
site anyway. I doubt there is a mirror, which would be hard to maintain for a
Wiki (need very frequent updates).

> 3. Where can I find the specification of lua5.0?  Or work version?
> I cannot find it on www.lua.org

I think the authors are currently concentrating on the code rather than on
the documentation. There was an incomplete and now outdated (but better than
nothing :-) reference manual for Lua-4.1-work4. It was at
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/work/refman-4.1-work4.pdf but it seems it has been removed,
probably for the reasons above...

> 4. Could I execute the lua script step by step? For example, I have
> the following script:
>   man_go_forward( 100, 100, 100 );
>   while( !button_pressed ){ man_wait() };
>   man_talk( "some words" );
>   man_fight();
> I need some control or some delay between lines of script. I need to
> execuate the script to some line, then engine code , then the script from
> the last position .....
>     Is it possible?

I am not expert on this field, but the debug library (ldblic.c & luadebug.h)
is probably what you are looking for. With it, you can create call or line
hooks, etc.
I think the 4.0 documentation is a good start for this.
There are some open source Lua debuggers (eg. Titmouse), they can be a good
start.

Regards.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)