> From: Martin Spernau [mailto:martin@traumwind.de]
> uh, whats wrong with usinf wxLua?
> it binds the wxWindows to Lua and should basically have all
> that's needed
> .. or am I missing something?

I dont think so.

Trouble is you have to distribute all of wxLua rather than just link with
the bits of wx you need. One of the appeals of SciTE is that its quite a
compact little editor. A minimal build of wx is about 530k, which using upx
can be reduced to something like 210k. Currently wxLua is 950k (compressed
with upx). But I suppose thats a fairly minor point. As long as the extra
bulk is justified by extra, worthy features I supposed either way is
satisfactory.