Hi everyone,

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
A pre-release of Lua 5.0 (final) <snip>
http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.0.tar.gz

Successfully built liblua.a, lua.exe and luac.exe on
DJGPP v2 on Win98. The command-line session works fine
with lua.exe. Tweaks in order to compile:
(a) Comment out EXTRA_LIBS in config.
(b) Set a sh-like shell, not MS-DOS.
    E.g. set SHELL=c:\djgpp\bin\bash.exe
(c) Execute "make all" in bash.

For (b), recursive make failed (Error -1 reported after
the second recursive call.) I have not investigated this
in detail but I could build everything automatically
(make all) with bash. This is probably a platform-specific
issue with the DJGPP make running on an MS-DOS shell.

The DJGPP distribution I used is quite recent:
  bnu213b.zip    bsh204b.zip    djdev203.zip   fil41b.zip
  gcc322b.zip    mak3791b.zip   txi42b.zip

I have not trawled the mailing list archives so it is
possible that I am repeating things.
--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)