I've had a dummy attempt at compiling lua for the palm using cygwin and
m68k-palmos-gcc. I haven't done very far into this for lack of time, but it
seems that with that compiler, although llimits.h detects 32 bits ints,
locations in lua code sometimes expect sizes different that what it gets.

lcode.c: In function `int luaK_jump(FuncState *)':
lcode.c:48: warning: left shift count >= width of type
lcode.c: In function `void luaK_fixjump(FuncState *, int, int)':
lcode.c:64: warning: left shift count >= width of type
lcode.c:66: warning: left shift count >= width of type
lcode.c: In function `int luaK_getjump(FuncState *, int)':
lcode.c:81: warning: left shift count >= width of type
lcode.c: In function `int addk(FuncState *, TObject *, TObject *)':
lcode.c:218: warning: left shift count >= width of type
lcode.c: In function `int luaK_code(FuncState *, long unsigned int, int)':
lcode.c:694: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion
lcode.c:698: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion

ldebug.c: In function `Instruction luaG_symbexec(const Proto *, int, int)':
ldebug.c:325: warning: left shift count >= width of type

Then I start having problems in ldo.c with the jmp_buf type that the
compiler does not recognize, but its my problem, unless somebody solved it
already :-)

Cheers,

Benoit.