I was just wondering whether anyone knows or has tried compiling lus script to byte code on a windows or linux platform, where the ints are size 32-bits, and then trying to execute this compiled lua chunk on a lua engine where the ints are natively 16-bit. Just i have a setup whereby on my micro controller i can execute textual scripts with ease, but precompiled chunks don't appear to load properly. I have ensure that both sides are configured for the Lua_Numer to be long, which on both platforms is 32-bit. The only other thing i can think is that perhaps the compilation on the linux box somehow produces incompatible code with the one on my ucontroller. If anyone has an hints or suggestions or have had these sorts of problems before and know how to resolve it then please let mw know.

Cheers,

    Andrew Stanley