De : Haemish Graham [mailto:haemish@astraware.com]
Envoyé : mardi 9 septembre 2003 10:18
À : Lua list
Objet : Re: lua5 palmos port (general 16 bit)

Benoit Germain wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have started this port a while ago, but it is idle for the time being for
>lack of time (and a PC at home :-)
>currently I have a sample test application that compiles, but somehow gives
>incorrect results when compiling factorial.lua. But it's a start. I can
this
>to send whoever is interested though.

Hi Benoit.

I am certainly interested in seeing what you have done so far, I read
your posts with great interest when I started hacking the Lua5 source.
People may be interested to know that Lua4 seems to exhibit far fewer
problems when porting to PalmOS. It took a couple of hours persuade a
few things to compile and split the code into 32k chunks but other than
that it does indeed just seem to work. I may of course be tempting fate
saying that as I have not done much testing yet.

Perhaps we can track down the owner of one of the source forge projects
for PalmOS Lua and make the work public. I assume the authors of Lua
have no problem with this so long as the original copyright messages
remain intact, just to be sure I will read through the licence later.

Cheers.

-haemish