On Sunday 14 September 2003 18:06, Philip D. Bober wrote:
> But if that were in the original files, it wouldn't affect C users (because
> of the #ifdef __cplusplus), only C++ users.

You're missing the point: we might want to compile Lua using the C++ compiler.
You then don't want the externs despite being a C++ user. It's only if you
compile Lua using a C compiler (or use prebuilt library) and your program
using a C++ compiler that you need them.

A suggestion: how about using a different macro, e.g. #ifdef LUA_EXTERN_C...,
then people who want the externs can add that their makefiles once and leave
the sources alone, and people who don't want the externs won't get them.

 -- Jamie Webb

How to hack a Computer: Step 1: Take axe and...