Brian Hook wrote:

Any suggestions for something else (even non-Lua) for fast development of a GUI application that works on Windows? I'm trying everything possible to avoid tcl/tk, but at least it works and is a known quantity. I'm uncomfortable with IUP -- I dislike the number of dependencies it incurs (tecmake, CD, etc.) and the user community seems very small, so I worry about robustness.

wxLua might be the right 100 kg hammer for your problem...

IMHO it seems to be pretty robust, and I have been able to use
it mostly based on wx manual/help pages. (And sometimes
browsing the interface in order to check if some functionality
is not available through Lua)

		Eero