On Friday 29 October 2004 5:54 am, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> I am proposing to maintain a "canonical" lua tree in GNU Arch which will
> provide therefore globally unique "ids" for all the files in the lua
> distribution.

i vote 'Yes' for this.

I'm a lua newbie, but very experienced in C/C++; therefore, i'd like to know
what parts of the implementation are changing (and how), but at the same
time, i want to use the 'stable' version to learn the language.  a version
control system would help me a lot.

and Arch is the perfect match for lua!  small, modern, turn the assumptions
upside-down, etc

--
Javier