On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 21:54, Mike Pall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> skaller wrote:
> > BTW: scanning the Lua gc code, it seems to use a naive
> > mark/sweep collection algorithm (my Felix collector does too).
>
> Apparently you have looked at Lua 5.0.

Yes, 5.0.2 is billed as latest stable release,
I'm making a Felix binding and checking it out at
the same time -- I'm sure I can get myself in heaps
of trouble even with a stable version .. :)

> There is a prerelease version of
> Lua 5.1 available at: http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.1-work3.tar.gz
>
> Lua 5.1 has a completely revamped incremental and generational GC. The
> tri-colour GC algorithm implies use of the state toggling optimization.

Great! I'll check it out. Any hint as to API changes,
and do you recommend I bind 5.1 instead of 5.0.2?

I'll give some details of the binding soon.

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia