On Thursday 17 March 2005 2:33 pm, PA wrote:
> Excellent! Talking of HTTP servers, does anyone feel like implementing
> a WebDAV service?

Xavante keeps the full plug-in architecture of luahttpd; my original plans
were to do a webDAV module. i even wrote the first stages (get the query and
expand the XML with LuaExpat and LOM), but i got lost in the multitude of
small things in DAV complexity.  around then Andre asked about merging our
projects, and it consumed most of my free time...

anyway, the current structure is far more solid than it was when i was the
only tester, and it shows its promise.  as some may remember, i ported SAJAX
to CGILua, it runs fairly well, but then i added a xavante-specific
optimization that dynamically turns the registered functions into plugins,
directly handled by the URL parser (it's included in the xavante release).
the roundtrip time of a remote function fell more than a factor of 10, making
it more than 4 times faster than Apache/PHP!

to get back to your question; yes, i plan to build a WebDAV plugin, hopefully
one not as tightly bound to the filesystem as Apache/mod_dav.  I want to make
it export any abstract datastore, and make the filesystem a plugin to the dav
plugin.

--
Javier