I am wondering if anyone has any experience with long-runninglua processes?

I can confirm that Lua is very well-suited for long-running processes: typically customers running our Lua(4)-based server/services only shut down the application if the OS needs patching [seriously!].

In effect this means our Lua-driven software usually runs for weeks / months at a time, depending on the frequency and severity of new Windows patches.

In short: Lua Kicks Ass! [;-)]

Ashwin.
--
no signature is a signature.