On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 13:52 +0200, Wim Couwenberg wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> what a coincidence!  I was just playing with this exact fiber idea on
> Win32.  Currently I'm just testing a first version.  I was planning to
> post about it later but since you brought this up I'll provide my
> implementation a bit early.  (It does not check thouroughly enough for
> all kinds of error conditions so be careful.)

I've been going over the previous posts. Are these attempts to replace
the RVM patch? I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm already
using this exact method to run multiple embedded Perl VM's. And I hate
it. It's a hack, and it kills me to have to use it. In fact, I'm hoping
to use Lua's coroutine support specifically because juggling multiple C
stacks is ugly and very limiting. I then have to worry about which stack
particular functions get called on... which I don't like. I would much
prefer to maintain a single C stack.

That's my $.02.