Jan Kratochvíl wrote:
Well it is maybe *correct* solution but it is one with worse performance.

How much of a hit in 'real life'?  I suspect very little,
but I don't use D3D.  If it wasn't a major hit I'd definitely
suck down the performance hit in the name of sanity.  Any
third-party library you're using could be being hit in
subtle and horrible ways if you're not intimately familiar
with them.  Another project I'm involved with, a physics
library, sees its users stumble over this problem all the
time.

Regards,
--Adam