In message <754368376.20051110160357@kaluga.net>, Alexey Malyshev <malma@kaluga.net> writes
Let's suppose we load two modules modA and modB in lua script, and in
each of these modules I call my C function fooFunc().
Is it possible to know from fooFunc(), in which module modA or modB
the calling occurs?

Yes. Get debug_info and look at "source" or "short_src" in the returned data.

local info = debug.getinfo(1, "S")
if (info) then
  -- example info.source and/or info.short_src here
end

Page 191 onwards in Roberto's book. The above is a shortened version of the code snippet on Page 193.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/software.html