From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Florian Berger
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:09 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Lua bug application

Zulfiqar Malik wrote:
> Has anyone else reproduced the crash on his/her own system using VS2003? I
> have tried with both LUA 5.0 and 5.0.2, but nothing is working out. Thanks
> for taking time out.

I compiled your application using Visual C++ 2003 and Lua 5.1 beta. I
had to make small modifications but I managed to get something like this
as output when I ran the application:
lua opened successfully, closing
line 2
30
20000
finished
0 c=1.5 a=1 b=2
1 c=1.25 a=1 b=1.5
2 c=1.375 a=1.25 b=1.5
3 c=1.3125 a=1.25 b=1.375
4 c=1.34375 a=1.3125 b=1.375
5 c=1.328125 a=1.3125 b=1.34375
[...]
20 c=1.3247179985046 a=1.3247175216675 b=1.3247184753418
after 20 steps, root is 1.3247179985046387 with error 9.5e-007, f=1.8e-007

I also checked that the hook function was called as supposed and it did.
I'm not sure what the result/output should be but I did not manage to
crash the application... Of course you can mail me if you have some
questions.

Florian