On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 01:07:26AM -0500, Javier Guerra wrote:
> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/
>
> it's a fast C compiler, it compiles, links and loads code in one pass.

For those who aren't familiar with tcc, the word "fast" is an
understatement.  tcc is so fast compared to a typical C compiler that
you can hardly believe it's actually compiling the code.  As a
demonstration, the author produced a bootloader that could boot the
Linux kernel from sourcecode in under 15 seconds.

> so... i've written a Lua wrapper, just to see what would be possible to do
> with it.

Interesting.  I suppose one downside is that tcc only readily supports
a very limited set of operating systems and architectures.

                                                  -Dave Dodge