David Given wrote:
Eeee! Acck! That's horrific! OTOH, as you say, it works... what compiler do you use? Do you run into problems that invoking the compiler takes an unacceptable amount of time? (In which case, tcc would probably really help you, particularly as you can use it as a code generation library...)

I do it all up front at make time. The system's designed to be explicitly modular, so dynamic libraries can pull their own dispatchers in.

Oh, yes, for the record: Fabrice Bellard is scarily smart. Have you seen his other projects?

No, I haven't, but now you've caught my interest :) Certainly, when I get the time, I'm going to see if I can steal a few bits and pieces from tcc to dynamically dispatch calls properly.

Cheers!