On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:42:49 -0500
Javier Guerra <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> Now it's R-4
>
> http://luaforge.net/projects/helper-threads/
>
> the only significant addition is a TCP I/O, but now it's wonderfully
> easy to write a server!
>
> didn't need to touch the base helper library, and just a single-line
> add to the Lua scheduler (to better handle error messages from a
> thread); so i think it's feature complete enough for my original
> goals.
>
> now it only needs a few testers to go beta...

Great!!
I've been working on designing a Syslog/Metalog replacement and this
fits the budget ;)
The main problem was that I wanted to use multiple threads so that log
processing didn't cause any backlog of msgs in in/output, and this is
exactly what I needed.
I plan on setting up a custom library to read the 2 linux logging
interfaces asynchronously, as well as a simple async SQLite library.
(Does anyone think having SQLite as async output format is important?
In previous experience, some file-system's FSYNC performance is
horrible, so I don't want that stalling things).

I think this oughtta get plenty of testing, since it'll be a
long-running process ;)
--
Thomas Harning Jr.
Fortune: