> >Somehow in my prior investigations, I had missed
> >http://lua-users.org/wiki/ResumableVmPatch , which solves the
> >pcall/yield/C++ problem quite elegantly.  With pure ANSI C, it gives
> >coroutines in Lua the power that they deserve. :)
>
> This is interesting. Are the Lua team considering it? It seems to be
> well thought out.

It is *very* well thought out. As such, we need some time to digest
it :)

Something like Coco solves the problem in a much simpler and a little
more generic way. But, yes, it is not portable, and so we do not intend
to incorporate it to the Lua core. But we still feel uneasy to add that
complexity in the core to solve something that can be solved in a much
simpler way by external means. (Maybe time may cure our uneasiness...)

-- Roberto