on 9/28/06 10:37 AM, Mike Pall at mikelu-0609@mike.de wrote:

> 1. Add a kind of "light" C functions. This avoids building up a
> call frame for every function call. These functions are a bit
> more restricted (like no callbacks into Lua), but have a faster
> calling convention. The cl->isC byte may be reused to
> differentiate them from regular functions. Three options:

I'll note that I've wanted a different sort of light C function: One that is
to regular C functions/closures as light userdata is to userdata. The reason
to add this is that routines like lua_cpcall create closures when they
frequently aren't needed.

None of this undercuts the notion of having faster Lua->C interfaces. It's
just that when I had thought of light C functions, I was wanting something
else.

Mark