On Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:22 AM, Peter Kümmel wrote:

> For the port of KDE to Windows we use kdewin32
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin32
>
> a library which does not -despite the name- depend on KDE.
> It implements most of the posix functions used by KDE.
>
> Maybe someone finds it interesting to have a look at it.

Along the same lines but with a twist: why not just bind Lua to the Apache
Portable Runtime (APR) [1]? It is light weight and supported for a wide
range of platforms.

The same question could be asked for binding Lua to Netscape Portable
Runtime (NSPR) [2].

In both cases it is a non-trivial effort for sure; as I see quite a few
people interested in having a common runtime the work could be divided and
conquered.

If there is any kind of interest in this line of thought and if there was a
vote, I would vote to go with APR.

Cheers,
Vijay Aswadhati

[1] http://apr.apache.org/