Gameboy I do not know, but if you get Lua running on DS so that I can
run my own scripts on it...... !!!

If you search the mailing lists, I made a post (with a pretty screenshot) about
running Lua on a DS emulator.  I don't think I ever got to trying it on the
real hardware though.  Someone recently emailed me about possibly continuing to
work on this, but I don't know how far he got.

The work to get it running on the DS emulator was pretty minimal.  I had to
change the compiler to use the cross compiler and I had to write a couple lines
to initialize the console.  That's it.  You'll find a patch in that
post I mentioned.