Using the Microsoft compiler I get a ton of size conversion warnings.
Most 'size_t' to 'int' type warnings and a few 'lua_Integer' to 'int'.
Nothing critical but the rest of the Lua code compiles clean in this
respect.

Doing some testing with very simple grammers I found them to be about
twice as slow as the equivalent regular expression in Perl.   I know
this is still very early, can we expect performance inprovements or is
this about as fast as it gets?

I think an interesting extra addition to this library would be a
grammer that can parse "normal" PEG grammers from a string into a LPeg
grammer.

Seems like a very promising addition to Lua, thanks!

CR