Two questions:

Is there a more appropriate place for me to be asking the following question?

following question:
What I'd like to do is have a system where all of the data for my server is contained in a large Lua data structure.  Where can I create this data structure so that A) it is only created once and B) is visible from every page on the server.  Every place I tried to create this data, it would only satisfy one of these properties ... It would be created once but not visible from lua pages, or would be visible and created every time a page was generated or viewed.

Thanks

Zach Dwiel