On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 13:26:42 -0400
L-28C <kixdemp@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Is there any game dev library on this platform? Can LuAllegro
> somehow be compiled here?
i think you can compile a static version. but it neeeds some tweaking
and makefile-magic.

> 2) How do you send escape sequences (like \x1b in C)?
DOS is not Linux nor VT-100 emulator. %-) use int 10h or direct memory
access (yes, you need to write a C module for this %-).

> 3) [Example] How do you make command-line progress bars without ANSI?
> I see many programs using them, however I don't know how they do
> it... I thought "send multiple backspaces and redraw it", but that
> would cause flicker wouldn't it?
and again you can use Video BIOS API (int 10h) or direct memory access.
or install ANSI.SYS. %-) but you'd better write C module. %-)

regarding your question about keyboard handling: int 16h. %-)

i'm not an expert in DJGPP and don't know much 'bout it's standard
libraries, but i bet you can found something in internet. from simple
things like "write colored character and read a key" to complete window
systems. exporting their functionality to Lua should be trivial.