There are semantic mismatches between the DLR and Lua, mostly in the varargs and multi-values department, but also on tail calls, and Lua-style coroutines. The DLR as it is now is fairly flexible on the points where the four languages below have semantic differences, but that is not the case when they agree. But considering the maturity of the platform (basically it's in the anything can change stage yet) that's to be expected. In the future, maybe (especially if Microsoft becomes more open to open source contributions; its developers can't even read the source code of those languages!).

Lua on the CLR is another matter, though, and very doable (although coroutines are still a pain, but possible). And I'm working on that right now. :-) Oh, and about the DLR again, a Lua compiler *could* be implemented, but I believe it would perform badly. But if Silverlight/Moonlight gains traction, and there is no other way...

--
Fabio Mascarenhas