G'day everyone.

Looking through the last couple of years of the mailing list suggests that a patch (or at least sample code) exists to support the use of raw sockets via LuaSocket (or as an adjunct to it).

Would anyone with such code mind posting it here or on the Wiki?

My interest is creating a small and simple DHCP server for standalone test networks. Sort of like dnsmasq, but without built-in DNS and even simpler.

(Oh, and if there's a good patch for LuaSocket I'd vote up front to have it rolled into the next version :)