Thanks for the suggestions.  I looked at it for a bit but it seems too
tied up in Lua and not really suitable for 8-bit video data or holding
texture data.  I'm looking for something that's not only floating
point and more geared toward multimedia than linear algebra that can
be wrapped into a module.  Ywo of the fundamental requirements would
be convertible between uchar and float and in such a format that a
pointer to the data could be sent off to the GPU or libraries like
OpenCV and Quicktime.

wes