Perhaps my situation for needing it was rather uncommon; I'm using lua
in some homebrew nintendo DS programming, so for speed and size
reasons, I stripped out the parser code from the lua source, tweaked
the config to change lua_Numbers to integers and removed alot of the
math library. As a result of removing the parser, I had to compile the
scripts on my PC. luac was compiled/run with MSVC, an intel P4
processor and a standard luaconf. The DS' lua was compiled/run with
GNUC, an ARM9E processor and a modified luaconf.
The LoadHeader error message was therefore what I had to work from to
find out what was wrong with my luac compared to the DS' lua.

There is nothing that you can do, short of recompiling the script, but
in situations where the header is invalid, I see it being useful to
know what is causing the incompatibility, so that you know what to
change when you do recompile.