On Jan 31, 2008 10:21 PM, Miles Bader <miles.bader@necel.com> wrote:
> "Brandon Van Every" <bvanevery@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > So how do you enforce that?

I notice you didn't choose to answer that.  My answer is, you can't.

> > And what good does it do you, if the
> > standards are different across companies and you're using 3rd party
> > Lua code?  That's the situation CMake developers would inevitably be
> > in.
>
> Why would you care about 3rd party code?  There's nothing _bad_ about
> those calls, they're simply not to your taste.  So you enforce your
> coding rules for your code, let the 3rd parties worry about their coding
> standards, and everybody's happy !  :-)

Because if CMake adopts Lua as the build language, then the CMake
developers have to support all permutations of Lua that 3rd parties
are going to write.  I hanker to write metaprogramming tools for
CMake, to make translations from legacy build systems easier.  If my
target language has lots more ways of doing things, that increases my
metaprogramming burdens.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every