On Feb 6, 2008 1:46 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Experiments continue....
>
> http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaBuildBou
>
> Particularly: if your build language is a DSL embedded in a real
> proven language, then you have a big advantage on handling those
> awkward cases that require shelling-out (which is a total portability
> problem)

CMake script is portable.  Runs everywhere CMake does.  Nothing
stopping anyone from shelling out to a CMake script, and I've proven
you can write an entire Autoconf --> CMake translator in CMake script.
 I'm not seeing the "big advantage" of the real proven language.  I do
see some aesthetic advantages.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every