I think the problem may extend to lua_checkstack as well because that
didn't seem to alleviate the problem at all in my testing. I've had it
segfault in different places indicating, as you said, that there is
more than one bug here. I've had it fail in lua_insert as well when it
is moving the stack indices up. The other place it has failed is after
the return from luaB_coresume() (where I dare not follow :D ).

Regards,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant