On Feb 15, 2008, at 10:39 PM, Jerome Vuarand wrote:

Petite Abeille wrote:
There are around 649 pages presently (not including revisions):

wget --mirror --html-extension --convert-links -np
http://lua-users.org/wiki/

Wouldn't be easier to directly import the markup data ?

Well, in general, I found it much easier to convert HTML to something else, rather than have to deal with the peculiarity of each markups... YMMV of course...

It could be
either converted to the wiki markup format, or simply used as is (iirc
Sputnik support custom markup processors).

BTW if someone can setup a Sputnik somewhere, I volunteer to write the
Sputnik template to match the current wiki look and feel, I need
training for my own website :-)

Oh, my... perhaps a little spring cleanup would be welcome :))

http://www.alistapart.com/

Also perhaps worth (re)reading:

"Common HTTP Implementation Problems"
http://www.w3.org/TR/chips/