Mark Hamburg wrote:
I've learned to write:

    while condition() do repeat

        if other_condition() then
            break -- continue
end
    until true end

But I always feel compelled to comment it when I do so.

Yes, it works for simple cases, though it feels bad that one is tempted to do workarounds and add comments for what should have been a basic language feature.
(BTW, it isn't possible to do *actual* breaks from this extra inner loop.)

We are used to do without 'continue' in Lua, it's perfectly possible, and not so often we need it, but this just because we know it's not there and are *used* to do without it.

--
Shmuel