2008-03-12T19:30:53 Asko Kauppi:
> >loadlib.c:77: warning: ISO C forbids conversion of object pointer to function pointer type

I have no sure knowledge of why that constraint is there,
but it _sounds_ like it's to accomodate portability
to Harvard Architecture systems, which I checked at
<URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_architecture> before
posting this to check my memory, and found that article fascinating.
It suggests where {code<=>data} dynamic language implementations
are gonna be hard to port, and offers hints about what performance
hits an implementor needs to worry about dodging on current
architectures. The performance question is probably most important
when thinking about memory layout of closures, would be my guess.
Code loaders probably needn't think about it.

-Bennett