David Given wrote:
> I can now fit the entire Prime Mover executable, which is 5000 lines of
> Lua, a patched Lua interpreter source and lposix, into under 64kB of
> bzipped data. That's not bad...

Impressive. But you may need to ship it with bunzip2 (esp. for
Windows). Or does that number include the code for bunzip2?

Maybe other compression systems with less efficiency, but with a
tiny, standalone decompressor are more attractive. Or go for the
top contenders and pick the one with the smallest decompressor.
Here's an exhaustive comparison:
  http://www.maximumcompression.com/

Bzip2 is popular, but not even close to the top 10. Check out PAQ:
  http://cs.fit.edu/~mmahoney/compression/

--Mike