Yes, it isn't that difficult to make Lua look like another language,
but the difficulty comes when people expect the same semantics ;)
Easy to 'skin' Lua to look like JavaScript, but boy, it will bite
people who are expecting the same forgiving number-string
autoconversions.

It is IMHO a good idea that scripting languages keep distinct syntax
so that users know that this is a different animal.

Besides, I can't ever see why someone would miss '&&' !

steve d.