On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Eugen-Andrei Gavriloaie
<shiretu@gmail.com> wrote:
>  On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:27 AM, Javier Guerra wrote:
> > no, each call to lua_evaluate_expression() would compile and execute a
> > new script in the same context. it won't 'accumulate' a long script.
> >
>  Hmmm, that is even worse unfortunately because I don't want to recompile
> the script over and over again. Some Lua variables may contain valuable
> informations and on the first call

it's not _re_compiling.

first you compile and run your config, that sets one or more 'global'
vars with your data.  then you compile and run several *very* short
scripts, each one returns one or a few datums to the stack, where your
C code can easily fetch it/them.

--
Javier