!             /* check that it does not jump to a setlist count; this
!                is tricky, because the count from a previous setlist may
!                have the same value of an invalid setlist; so, we must
!                go all the way back to the first of them (if any) */
!             for (j = 0; j < dest; j++) {
!               Instruction d = pt->code[dest-1];
!               if (!(GET_OPCODE(d) == OP_SETLIST && GETARG_C(d) == 0)) break;

Either I'm not looking at it right, or the for-loop body doesn't
reference the j variable