On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Ben Sunshine-Hill <sneftel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Wesley Smith <wesley.hoke@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Is this a C++0x thing?  I use __new, __index, __newindex, __string,
>  > __gc everywhere in my code and GCC has not complained a bit, so I
>  > don't see how this isn't compliant with the C++ standard.  Do you have
>  > documentation of this claim?
>
>  It's in the C++ standard. The precise section is left as an exercise
>  to the reader.

The reader might look for "In addition, some identifiers are reserved
for use by C++ implementations and standard libraries and shall not be
used otherwise; no diagnostic is required" and "Each name that
contains a double underscore _ _ or begins with an underscore followed
by an uppercase letter (2.11) is reserved to the implementation for
any use.".

-- James